Big Block Dart Forums banner

Biggest rear tires on a 66 BCuda

13K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  pishta68 
G
#1 ·
Have a 66 Barracuda, stock spring location , stock 8 3/4 rear, street driven.
What is the biggest 1`4" and 15" tireI can get under there and what
backspace on the rims? Can I go 2.35-60-14 or 15? 2.45's??

G
#2 ·
I have bfg 235/60R-15 drag radials on my dart, but I moved the springs in 3/4". It is possible that they would fit with the springs in the stock location, but it would be tight on the spring side.

#11 ·
With all the help I've gotten from this board, tha one single thing I keep running into is when someone asks about the biggest tire size they can get under a stock, unmodified early A body. It seems that it never fails someone will respond with "Mine is minutubbed and..." or " I moved the springs and... or I radiused the wheelwells and the tires stick out like a ricer, but...

Just kidding on that last one, folks LOL

But really What is the largest practical size on a stock spring location, non tubbed (Mini or MAXI), non radused, rear wheelwell on a '64ragtop Dart??? Now how about the front???

Thanks a bunch. folks, and no offense meant to anyone!

BC

#16 ·
send me an e mail address ill send you a pic,,,,im not a computer geek,,dont know how to post a pic,,ive asked on here only got smart A$$$$$$$$$$$$ replys,,,thought this way a family,,,,,

e mail me youre e mail address

#18 ·
I asked a few years ago and your correct, meats mean spring relocation or tubs. I tried a set of 275/60R15 for giggles (had a set of custom 5 on 4 15 rallys at the time) and they hit, but even some smaller ones ran into a snag. I couldnt even get them on without taking the shock off so the rear would fall down enough to fit the tire up in there. I think 245's are about it on a STOCK rear/spring/fender/rim combo and that encroaches on the safety margin of the rim width. Tires are so much better today traction wise. sticky street/drag radials are better than the old M&H Dragmaster slicks your dad ran. only the guys who run some wide tires now can tell you for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.