Exhaust for a 440 in a 66 Dart
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Exhaust for a 440 in a 66 Dart

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust for a 440 in a 66 Dart

My car needs headers. 66, stock suspension, plate mounted 440, no power steering, auto, there is a collar for a column shift but it is not used anymore.

I believe I have either a modified set of Dougs, or a copy of them, on it now. They are rotting out due to being wrapped by the PO. I have spoken to pretty much everybody who sells headers and can't even get a hint as to which headers might be a good starting point for modification. I'm not even having much luck finding anyone who fabs full custom headers nearby, the closest I've come is a local race team who does world class work, but exhaust is not their primary business and their prices reflect it.

I want to know a couple things:
    1) What undercar headers could be modified to work on the car?
    2) What manifolds is 66DART500 running in his? I can't message him yet as my post count is too low, I hope by saying his name enough he will appear, like Beetlejuice.
    3) Does anyone know what manifolds work, or can be milled to work for this car?
    4) Does anyone have any of the "should work" manifolds for sale?
    5) Since I have a potential functional template in the headers I currently have on the car...does anyone know of a source who could copy them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Headers

Header #440-178 This part number is listed on TTI's website. You might check with them for any additional questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Headers

Header #440-178 This part number is listed on TTI's website for 66 & up A body with a 440. You might check with them for any additional questions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonracer View Post
    Header #440-178 This part number is listed on TTI's website for 66 & up A body with a 440. You might check with them for any additional questions.
    Thanks for the input, but unless I am missing something it says 66 and up B body. Are you saying that these are close from experience?

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify, I have been in touch with TTI, Bob Mazzolini, Accurate LTD, and Schumacher along with basically anyone else I could find a phone number for. Schumacher says their Tri-Y headers "have been modified to work" but didn't have more details, and they are currently out of stock.

Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    So the exhaust manifolds I used are in the tech section of . Their B-Body HP Manifolds. The #2843992 and #2806900 Take a look at the pic on the page. I had to shorten the steering shaft and use a double universal steering joint to get the steering shaft to connect to the steering box spline. Flaming River sell the double joint.
    383 stroked to 432c.i. / 440Source Stroker / Edelbrock RPM heads / 750 Holley / Torker Intake / Lunati VooDoo cam / Dynamic 9.5 converter / Cope Racing Trans / 3:55's with a suregrip /I'm Always Working On Something