My car needs headers. 66, stock suspension, plate mounted 440, no power steering, auto, there is a collar for a column shift but it is not used anymore.
I believe I have either a modified set of Dougs, or a copy of them, on it now. They are rotting out due to being wrapped by the PO. I have spoken to pretty much everybody who sells headers and can't even get a hint as to which headers might be a good starting point for modification. I'm not even having much luck finding anyone who fabs full custom headers nearby, the closest I've come is a local race team who does world class work, but exhaust is not their primary business and their prices reflect it.
I want to know a couple things:
1) What undercar headers could be modified to work on the car?
2) What manifolds is 66DART500 running in his? I can't message him yet as my post count is too low, I hope by saying his name enough he will appear, like Beetlejuice.
3) Does anyone know what manifolds work, or can be milled to work for this car?
4) Does anyone have any of the "should work" manifolds for sale?
5) Since I have a potential functional template in the headers I currently have on the car...does anyone know of a source who could copy them?