Where have all the A-body Enthusiasts Gone ?
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Where have all the A-body Enthusiasts Gone ?

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Where have all the A-body Enthusiasts Gone ?

I haven't logged into this site for years, this forum using to be hopping place with plenty of activity, just wondering what happened to it or where did everyone go to ?

Looked through the posts from last several months and its really minimal almost to the point of if this forum will be around another 1 or 2 years down the road

I was really active on this site 10+ years ago but always seemed to be a shit storm with the admins and other regulars on here and just wasn't much fun to be around honestly so I left.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Myself and most others seem to be over at For A-Bodies Only, but I do continue to check in here.

Post Thanks / Like
    mostly same here.
    I was asked to do some care taker stuff for the site as I'm here quite a lot still. mostly to remove spam (and spammers) and other stuff that seems to flow here at times.

I know that can make it seem a little dead here at times, but Id rather have decent content than visitors having to plow through Uber ads and foreign bait sites to find an answer.

Last edited by Capt_Jack; 01-02-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm mostly on Moparts, and FABO too. But I do check here periodically. It's a spiral where fewer people are posting, so fewer people come to the site, so fewer posts... Hope it levels out and starts to get busy again

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kid, you must be in your upper 20's by now. I lost my password a few years back and quit stopping by. Kevin, 64conv65hard, found my cell number and luckily I still have the same one. Don't remember Charles, but remember Jack and qkcuda. I had a whole list of the old timers and now can't remember them, 383man, pinky, is it JimLusk?. My 68 Formula S 383, 4 speed convertible is still in a million pieces. If any of you old drag racers were around in the 60's and 70's you may remember a Hemi Cuda driver by the name of Bucky Hess. He has a body shop and restoration shop in WV. I talked to him a couple months ago and he said he would be interested in doing my car. He said it would be about a year wait. I'd love to have a real Mopar guy do my car. Who was the guy that had an AMX? My uncle who is only about 10-12 years older than me has his 69 AMX he bought brand new as a teenager. I don't think he's started it in 20 years.Maybe I'll jump over to FABO and see if my name is still good there, Joe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kid,
    It looks like all the guys and girls from 10 years ago just faded away. But your right, there was quite a bit of attitude on here from all the experts. Now its to quiet. It nice hearing from you. You still working on any cars?
    383 stroked to 432c.i. / 440Source Stroker / Edelbrock RPM heads / 750 Holley / Torker Intake / Lunati VooDoo cam / Dynamic 9.5 converter / Cope Racing Trans / 3:55's with a suregrip /I'm Always Working On Something

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qkcuda View Post
    Myself and most others seem to be over at For A-Bodies Only, but I do continue to check in here.
    Same here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to check every other day or so, just to see if there is anything interesting posted. Capt Jack is usually the only one here keeping an eye on the site. I see a few members post something from time to time. I'm on FABO most of the time, Moparts booted & banned me but no one can tell me why.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by my64dart View Post
    Hi Kid,
    It looks like all the guys and girls from 10 years ago just faded away. But your right, there was quite a bit of attitude on here from all the experts. Now its to quiet. It nice hearing from you. You still working on any cars?
    I've had a few come and go. I might have had my 66 Fury III convertible when I was still active here. I lost my storage and sold it to a guy in NJ. I actually drove it up to him. I still have my numbers matching Formula S 383, 4 speed, convertible. I retired from UPS 4 years ago. Some of you guys made it to our big show. Show is gone now. Kids are grown and doing well. I just got the OK from the boss to put together a plan for the resto. I meet another Mopar guy at an auction in WV. He turned me onto Bucky Hess. I remember him from racing Hemi Cuda's back in the day. He now has a resto shop. Talked to him and he said he would like to do my car. About a year wait. That works into my financial plan. I have to take him picks and work out any details. I had a beautiful 99 Ram 1500. It was my sister's husbands baby. Garage kept, never saw a drop of rain, the last year I had it, every thing that goes wrong with a 20 year old truck started going wrong. The last 6 months I had it, I put $1000 a month in it. January 2019 I went over to the dark side and bought a new F150, 2,7 twin turbo. I think I could put that engine in my lunch box, but it will pull anything my old 360 would pull. I'll drop in now and then, maybe it will start a return initiative, Joe.

11. ThanksCapt_Jack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone,
    Back when I just started putting my Dart together, it was crazy in here. Guys were losing camshafts left and right. Everyone was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Someone finally figured out they took the ZDDP out of the engine oil, and that's what was causing the cams to go flat. Kinda sad because a lot of people ruined their brand new engines. People were also arguing about USA vs China made parts. Everybody had an opinion on that subject. We had engine overheating problems. 440 Source had a batch of bad water pump housing, causing poor water flow and overheating. Lucky me ,I had one of those housings. But all in all, if it wasn't for I wouldn't be driving my Dart right now. I miss all the people who used to come in here. They were some pretty smart Mopar guys. Maybe they'll come back someday.
    Last edited by my64dart; 04-02-2020 at 02:43 PM.

13. ThanksCapt_Jack thanked for this post
    Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just signed up a couple of days ago, I hope that this forum is still active for some inquiry.

Post Thanks / Like
    we're not as a active as once, but there's still more than a few of us who still hang out.

ask away and be sure to use the search. a lot of knowledge buried in here.

welcome aboard