Roller Rocker recommendations please
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Roller Rocker recommendations please

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Roller Rocker recommendations please

Forgive me if I'm asking questions on territory that's already been covered, I should spend more time on the site.

I'm getting ready to put my 440 together. The block is still at the machine shop but I should have it back next week. I have purchased and received the Edelbrock Performer RPM top end kit, part number 2087. This includes matched manifold, cam, heads, and various other goodies. The problem that I have recently been made aware, is that this kit REQUIRES the use of a roller rocker assembly. The stock stamped steel rockers present an interference problem with these heads. I have only seen a couple that say they fit the Edelbrock head exactly. What I'm looking for is any advice or recommendations with regards to which rocker assemblies to use. Has anyone run this kit, and if so, what rockers did you use? I'm not terribly excited about using any Chinese made rockers, however, I would like to keep the cost down to something that won't make my wallet squeal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Harland sharp roller rockers only way to go they cost more but how much is the engine worth if you you use cheaper rockers and they fail

Post Thanks / Like
    Harland Sharp rockers are a very good choice, but there are others out there that are made of chinesium. Shop around on the various manufacturers sites (Mancini, Koffel, & others) & let your wallet be your guide. I'm running Isky aftermarket ductile iron rockers on my motor with a Comp solid roller & Edelbrock heads, but I've had them for many years. Best of luck with your build.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    The Comp Cams Pro Magnum Roller Rockers are suppose to be very strong and built to last. If you can afford a set of these, you can't go wrong. It all depends on how much your willing to spend. If you have any other questions, we'll be glad to help. Good Luck with your build.
    Last edited by my64dart; 03-15-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some of the best options that you can find in the market nowadays:

COMP Cams High Energy Aluminum 1.5 Ratio Roller Rocker Set for SBC 265-400 w/ 3/8" Stud" Stud

Assault Racing Products ARA3501538SA Small Block Chevy Polylock Aluminum Rocker Arms 1.5
    Ratio 3/8 Stud Self Align SBC

Proform 66907 Extruded Aluminum Roller-Rocker Arm, 1.5 Ratio, 3/8" Stud