833 OUTPUT SPLINES A/B BODIES WILL THEY INTERCHANGE
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: 833 OUTPUT SPLINES A/B BODIES WILL THEY INTERCHANGE

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

833 OUTPUT SPLINES A/B BODIES WILL THEY INTERCHANGE

I'm looking to put a Gear Vendors overdrive unit in my 69 dart. Because it only comes with the long 30 spline shaft housing and the a-body housing being shorter. He said I have to put the B-body output shaft in my tranny. My question is will the output shafts interchange? I have 2 B-body trannies. Before I spend the money I just want to make sure I can do it. Any help sure would be appreciated. I'm 71 years old and have been putting this car together for a long long time. It is a 69 Dart GTS 528 Hemi with Fitech injection. Becool radiator, 4:10 grears and drag radials. Just painted it last year. Looking to do some cruising. Not a drag car, but I do get on it, love to see the tires smoke.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    You might want to call (John) Cope Racing Transmissions. He's a Mopar trans guy that might be able to answer any question you have. Although he rebuilds automatic transmissions, he might know about the manual transmissions too. I think he installs the Gear Vendor Overdrives at his shop in Indiana. He did my 727 trans and I couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by my64dart; 04-24-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by my64dart View Post
    Hi,
    You might want to call (John) Cope Racing Transmissions. He's a Mopar trans guy that might be able to answer any question you have. Although he rebuilds automatic transmissions, he might know about the manual transmissions too. I think he installs the Gear Vendor Overdrives at his shop in Indiana. He did my 727 trans and I couldn't be happier.
    Thank you for the information, I will give him a call.