65 dart bb fender well/shock tower ?
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: 65 dart bb fender well/shock tower ?

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

65 dart bb fender well/shock tower ?

i installed a 440 in my 65 dart gt, wanting to put of hooker fender well headers, but dont want to remove the shock towers ..with enough cutting can i get the headers to fit without removing the engine or cutting up the shock towers...pics would help...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

65 dart

Quote Originally Posted by flathead31coupe View Post
    i installed a 440 in my 65 dart gt, wanting to put of hooker fender well headers, but dont want to remove the shock towers ..with enough cutting can i get the headers to fit without removing the engine or cutting up the shock towers...pics would help...thanks
    Dude doing the same as we speak and man on man. I can not install the hooker fender wells headers for crap. Shock tower is the only thing in the way so far with making them fit. So far i have cut some of the shock tower. But man on man ima have to cut a lot more to maybe only leaving enough lip on the it to bolt up shock. Im already elbows deep in this so im just going to go all the way man. I am going to reinforce the car and maybe do roll cage. Since ima try and do street and strip 65 dart. And tie in the leftover shock tower to front frame connectors ahaha. But so far i dont think so. You can try and maybe shim the engine up or more someting. But by the looks of it dude yeah its cut and go for me.