carb and intake issues
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: carb and intake issues

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

carb and intake issues

I bought and installed a Edelbrock performer intake and edelbrock 600 Cfm carb set on stock 318 with the assumption it run better than the 2 barrel well the car does not run right at all now it idles at around 1000rpm and as soon as you drop it into gear it dies what am i missing here

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible you have a vacuum leak? Coming from the installation of the new intake manifold. I don't know anything about the Edelbrook carbs. But I hear they work well right out of the box.
    383 stroked to 432c.i. / 440Source Stroker / Edelbrock RPM heads / 750 Holley / Torker Intake / Lunati VooDoo cam / Dynamic 9.5 converter / Cope Racing Trans / 3:55's with a suregrip /I'm Always Working On Something

4. ThanksCapt_Jack thanked for this post
    Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW INTAKE & CARB PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by my64dart View Post
    Is it possible you have a vacuum leak? Coming from the installation of the new intake manifold. I don't know anything about the Edelbrook carbs. But I hear they work well right out of the box.
    A intake leak or wrong carb gasket could be the BUG!! Try dribbling carb cleaner around the intake to head sealing area and carb base. If the RPM kicks up you found the problem !!!

6. ThanksCapt_Jack thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    So what I would do is take the intake manifold off. Don't use the front and rear gaskets. Get yourself some black RTV and use that instead. Put a nice thick bead in there. Sometimes the gaskets stop the manifold from coming down and sealing properly. I would also coat both sides of the new gaskets with black RTV. Torque it down and wait a day for it to dry. Doing this should absolutely seal the intake manifold to the heads. If it acts funny after that, then the carb is the problem.
    383 stroked to 432c.i. / 440Source Stroker / Edelbrock RPM heads / 750 Holley / Torker Intake / Lunati VooDoo cam / Dynamic 9.5 converter / Cope Racing Trans / 3:55's with a suregrip /I'm Always Working On Something

9. ThanksCapt_Jack thanked for this post