Hoosier or Nitto?
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Hoosier or Nitto?

Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoosier or Nitto?

Hi all. Still haven't decided whether to go with a Hoosier or go with the Nitto NT555 which I saw from 4Wheelonline. I'm looking for 29x12.50x15 tires. I checked the forum and found a lot of recommendations on the Nitto (cos maybe it's a more well-known brand compared to Hoosier?) Would like to know your feedback on the Hoosier tires so I can compare the two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Nittos did not work with my high torque stroker. The sidewalls are too stiff. The tires caused severe wheel hop in my car even after I changed to Cal Tracs. I bought new Mickey Thompson drag radials to try and solve the problem, but sold the car before I got to run them and test my theory. I think they may work well with late model cars such as the new Challengers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran the Nitto's on my mild built duster most of the time. mainly short trip street rides, so the stiffer sidewalls were a benefit there, but I have to agree that they were less than ideal in an actual drag race. even airing them down to where thought they would unbead, I didn't have a ton of luck with them. they didn't wheel hop on me as I didn't make that kind of power, but they never felt like they were doing me any favors.