Big Block Dart Forums banner

Hooker semi fenderwell header install on early a's

18K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dartman472 
#1 ·
]

The template they give you shows DOUBLE the size that was cut - since the motor was out it didnt need it - the hole is mainly for installation purposes

]

The tire clearence is pretty good, ALOT better then full fenderwells, the coardboard is for new sheetmetal template, to cover the holes from the template that hooker sends you ( keep in mind that the holes are 1/2 the size they recommend cutting!!?!??!)

the #2 tube will have to be unbolted, pulled out of the slip connector and laid down on the frame to be able to remove the oil filter.

the collectors are 2 1/2 " and the passengers side drops lower to accept the lopsided crossmember.

they gotta flo better then my splitfies, BUT they are a lot more work.

See less See more
#7 ·
abodyjoe said:
damn car isn't fast enough to need better brakes...  the guy built up the 273.. i think he overcammed it..
Do your ports line up with the head? I had a set of those on my '65 A/340 combo and the ports we almost 1/4 inch off. They drilled the flange too low and all the exhaust footprints on the gasket were almost touching the bottom. Course, didnt find out until I took em off one day to replace the gasket. Sent the gasket to Hooker header group of Mr Gasket and they said it was a manufacturing error, "do you have your receipt?" I said "No, they are 3 years old..what does it matter, its not a wearing part, it was how it as made" no dice.... Pulhair^*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.