My Cuda (Update) - Page 8
BigBlockDart.com is the premier Dodge Dart Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: My Cuda (Update)

Post Thanks / Like
    dude! seriously

2. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it probably makes no sense, especially since I owned it for almost 25 years, but I had the itch to change, and I'm not getting any younger.

Post Thanks / Like
    no no, I totally get it.

Duster has been gathering a lot of dust here (no pun intended) due to life getting in the way in general.

most of my auto efforts have been directed to an old '66 F250 I got a bit ago. as much as I love the Duster, the truck actually works to earn its keep (vs absorbs money through its skin).

Sorry to see it go (as are you I'm sure), but the times, they do change.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BigBlockDart.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    When its time its time man what kind of car you looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking for a 66 or 67 Charger 383 car, but it I am starting to get frustrated, and may widen my search to other B bodies. I am looking to build more of a cruiser than a racer. I am trying to find something with no rust and decent driver quality paint. I don't mind engine work, in fact I would rather build one to my specs. I think the perfect car would be a nice driver that ate a cam and the guy got frustrated and decided to sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been peeking at Craigslist and Facebook marketplace a lot recently. while Ive seen a few that might qualify, man, theyre still asking an awful lot for them.

all these auction shows that show these 6 figure cars crossing the stage has pretty well ruined any chance of finding much of a deal anymore. especially for a B-body Mopar of almost any kind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, so far anything in my price range has turned out to be crap. My buddies keep telling me to be patient, but the empty garage is bugging me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always liked B bodys more than A bodys but it`s way easyer to get an Abody rolling than a Bbody but I`m with you man for cruising not worried about a 1/4mile time I would breather have a B not that the B won`t fly though just takes more motor. I can`t wait to see what you get

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to see it go Dave. Is it still local? Good luck with your search. Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew, it has gone to Dayton Ohio. The buyer is turning it back to stock as we speak. He wants to take the car back to Europe where apparently the rules are strict on modifications. I am still searching for the right replacement. Should be more available in the spring.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Update

I found my Charger. Still have to wait a couple of weeks to pick it up. it is a big block, so maybe I can still hang around here LOL.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, you teased us with the pictures, how about more on the big block & other items on the Charger.
    Very nice car by the way, pictures look very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    whoa.

I dont know that I could alter that in any way......................

(/laugh) ok ok, who am I kidding? ....yes I could.

kickass bud! thats a real find!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is a real find. It was apparently restored about 20 years ago , driven a little, and then the owner got sick and it sat in storage. The guy I bought it from picked it and another car up from the Estate. The underneath looks like it was never driven in the rain after the resto. As far as I can tell the sheet metal has never been repaired or replaced. I used a vinyl fridge magnet and it stuck everywhere on the body. The interior is mint and it has working A/C. The engine is a lowly 361, but the previous owner put a four barrel on it and badged it as a 383. The four barrel conversion is weird. He used a 76 400 thermoquad manifold with an upside down adapter to an AFB carb. I had already bought a 625 Street Demon carb, and I just picked up a Peformer 383 manifold, so I will be switching that out first thing. I am going to do a compression test first, and then with the manifold off see what I can tell about whether the engine has ever been apart. There are only 70,000 miles on the car. It will require some detective work since I have no history on the car. Ultimate modifications may be limited to the heads and a cam. I want this one to be a cruiser, not a racer.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    There absolutely nothing wrong with the 361 for good old style street cruising. Many years back I had an old industrial 361 in a 50 Plymouth 2dr coupe. It was really a beast to handle with the old 50's suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Dave, where did you find that? Is it going to fit in the garage? Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Found the car in Ohio Andrew. It is one foot longer than the cuda, so it will fit. Good thing I have an extra long garage!