Big Block Dart Forums banner

My Cuda (Update)

59K views 156 replies 29 participants last post by  qkcuda 
#1 · (Edited)
My Cuda (Added deleted pics)

The first pic is my original 68 cuda, next is my 66 racecar, my 69 parts car, and my 69 racecar.

Attachments

See less See more
#154 ·
Yes it is a real find. It was apparently restored about 20 years ago , driven a little, and then the owner got sick and it sat in storage. The guy I bought it from picked it and another car up from the Estate. The underneath looks like it was never driven in the rain after the resto. As far as I can tell the sheet metal has never been repaired or replaced. I used a vinyl fridge magnet and it stuck everywhere on the body. The interior is mint and it has working A/C. The engine is a lowly 361, but the previous owner put a four barrel on it and badged it as a 383. The four barrel conversion is weird. He used a 76 400 thermoquad manifold with an upside down adapter to an AFB carb. I had already bought a 625 Street Demon carb, and I just picked up a Peformer 383 manifold, so I will be switching that out first thing. I am going to do a compression test first, and then with the manifold off see what I can tell about whether the engine has ever been apart. There are only 70,000 miles on the car. It will require some detective work since I have no history on the car. Ultimate modifications may be limited to the heads and a cam. I want this one to be a cruiser, not a racer.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.