Big Block Dart Forums banner

My Cuda (Update)

59K views 156 replies 29 participants last post by  qkcuda 
#1 · (Edited)
My Cuda (Added deleted pics)

The first pic is my original 68 cuda, next is my 66 racecar, my 69 parts car, and my 69 racecar.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: My Cudas

So as you can see, this is cuda number 6, and my first big block. There are more early build pics in my gallery, but I have had no luck accessing them. The 400 that was in it in the racing pics died on the table during a cam transplant. The replacement 500 stroker is underway, but I haven't downloaded the pics off my camera yet. I will add more as I go.

#8 ·

I hope so too, Andrew. Last year, before the 400 expired, I bought some of Bill's strut rods and Competition Engineering adjustable front shocks. Hopefully that (and 600 lb/ft of torque) will get it done. The plan is for this summer, but I've been wrong before. **(*)

#10 ·

qkcuda said:
I hope so too, Andrew.   Last year, before the 400 expired, I bought some of Bill's strut rods and Competition Engineering adjustable front shocks.  Hopefully that (and 600 lb/ft of torque) will get it done.  The plan is for this summer, but I've been wrong before.   **(*)
I hope so too, if worse comes to worse, I guess we can always use the floor jack to get the front end up! Let me know if you need a hand, I would be glad to help.

#13 ·

nice cudas Dave...cool to see pics of them after hearing your stories about them...i especially like that burnout pic where you are smiling- guess nothing beats burning rubber in a mopar!

#17 ·

Finally got some work done today. Took the block back to the shop to have it spray cleaned again after I had ground the reliefs for the stroker crank. While I was there I finished grinding the small ends of the rods for piston clearance. I also file fit the rings, they had a power ring file with a dial indicator, which made things a lot easier. I left my heads to have them checked and to get new springs and retainers installed. Next is to put the short block together, and when the heads get back, measure for new pushrods. Hopefully I'll be able to post some more pictures this week.

#19 ·
Re: My Cuda (STROKER BUILD PICS)

I finally got my axles and brakes sorted out, and took the car on it's maiden voyage, a 178 mile round trip to Moparfest. The only issue was the rear wheel lips rubbing the tires over sharp bumps when fully loaded. I guess I was closer than I realized, because I thought the new axles with B body offset were only supposed to be 1/4 inch wider than the original A body ones. I will sort that out quickly. The car ran well, heated up in traffic a bit, but cooled back down quickly once we got moving again. It's also noiser than the old 400, with the piston slap of the hockey puck pistons, and the Crane Gold's valvetrain noise. I think over the winter I'm going to look for some 3.23's to replace the 3.91's. It does, however, pull like there is no tomorrow, and I actually averaged 14.5 mpg (Canadian) on the trip. 0/ ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.