Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iVE POSTED FOR A SET OF REARS TO REPLACE THE ONES ON MY 68 bARRACUDA, i WOULD USE THE BACKING PLATES AND THE 10 X 1 3/4 IF i COULD FIND DRUMS FOR THE SET UP i HAVE. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHO CARRIES THEM?????? tnku

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a good set from my Scamp 10 x 1.75 small bolt pattern , a little surface rust but no pitting and they are well under the 10.09 max size.

frankwest-at-adelphia.net

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can get new drums at www.rockauto.com, they will be 5 on 4" sbp. You can have a machine shop redrill them for 5 on 4.5" bbp

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have mentioned the axels are 4.5 bolt pattern. So now that I think about it I have to change the whole set up anyways.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I posted above it looks as though its a waist of money redrilling axels unless you like redrilling brake drums also.

·
Registered
404 Posts
the 10X 1/34 that is the larger drum, then the stock A body right?

if you have teh lrg bp axels, all i have to say is you can buy brand new drumbs @ csk aka checker shucks kragen, if not you can hit up a b Body car for that drum as well

·
Registered
404 Posts
70 Dustpan said:
The 10 X 1 3/4" is ths stock small bolt A body 8 3/4" size.
You should be able to get those at any part store

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually Im being told that the 10x1 3/4 are not available new and the B body drums will not work because the SBP a body axel has a differant offset than the LBP axels. sometning like 1/4" so the drums will rub on the backing plate, so I would have to redrill the drums and Im not interested in haveing an extra set of holes in my brake drums.

·
Registered
60 Posts
4406, A-body 10 X 1 3/4 drums are available new. They are small bolt pattern so you will need to drill them for big bolt pattern. These don't have that big flange on them but they are for A-body axle offset. Go to www.rockauto.com  The Pn is BD60123 from Wagner. Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts