Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 8 3/4 rear has 11 x 2 drum brakes and i can't find any new (reman) drums. everything is for 11 x 2 1/2 . how do i, can i convert to 11 x 2 1/2
thanks,
adam

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do yourself a favor and find a rear disc brake conversion. It'll cost more now, but it will save you time and money in the future, and save you the hassle of chasing down parts. I spent several weeks looking through junkyards and going to the auto parts store to get all the parts for my bare 8 3/4" rear, and now I'm looking into the disc kit.

·
Registered
704 Posts
yes, id get them on ebay or anywhere else for cheap, there not to hard to find, plus you really dont need rear disk unless your running skinnies up front with huge slicks in the back, definatly the cheaper way to go

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have you tried Schucks? They had the 11 x 2 shoes on the shelf. This was 15 years ago though. boom[]

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
the 11x2 stuff is very hard to find. i had 2 sets of those. one came stock on a valiant 1 owner with an 8 1/4, but no parts store ever listed that as an aoption for that car. i also had a set from a 66 polara, i forget but i think that was the same deal. i do remember searching napa's website and just trying different models of mopars and different years, eventually i did find an application, but im not sure if the drums were available. i would ditch them and go for a 2 1/2" setup. even if you only go with 10", they probably have very close amount of surface area on the shoes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found a set of backing plates today from the wrecking yard for all the 2 1/2 in. stuff for $25. problem solved. thanks for everyones input.
adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts