Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw on RMS website that theres a 12.19'' brake kit for mopar spindles coming out soon! Is it for the 73 & up spindle?

Any idea when? I dont think it should be priced much more than the 10.75'' kit

Fred

B

·
0 Posts
We made it for 10" drum 73-up A-body spindles, 10" drum B-body spindles, and all the 73-up disc brake spindles.

The first one has been done for a few weeks now. I could put one together, but the brackets aren't anodized yet. I need to get a whole batch together before I have them done. You could polish the brackets if you wanted one sooner.
The kit wil be $749. There are some options - drilled/slotted/plated rotors(+$100), and instead of standard black, you can opt for polished or Red calipers($100).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

Are you the one putting this kit together or will it be available with a wilwood part number? I have a 86 new yorker spindle set up.

Fred

D

·
0 Posts
I bought a complete set of Wilwood Disks for my 72 Dart but I have a 73 front suspention so I got the larger spindles and the Wilwoods to go with them. I'm very impressed with the quality and workmanship of what I got but I did neglect to ask a key question before purchasing them.

What size wheels are required for the front disks now and what's size for the rears? I have the rear set for an 8-3/4 Mopar rear end with the E break inside the hat. Problem one is that my Center Line 16" wheels won't fit over the calipars on the rears. So I have to find a wheel design without that littl lip inside the wheel or move to a 17" wheel. the car is built as a bracket racer so I can't go above a 16" wheel or I can't buy slicks for it. But with a stock 15" wheel fit the fronts or will I have the same problem there??

Dan

B

·
0 Posts
As far as I know so far, the only 15" wheel that works with the 12.19 brakes is the torque thrust. Find the member on here "CFster" - he has them with 16's, but said his 15"s would have fit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, put the 16s on, but first I test fit the assembly with 15" Torq Thrust Ds. All kinds of room.

The Wilwood calipers are very compact.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Will the 12.19 rear brake kit with the emergancy brake work with 15" Torq Thrust II's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts