Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone here was running a 15x4" or even a 3 1/2" front rim on there abody on the street. I notice they say 'race only' but so do alot of other parts i use on my car ;D Just wondering if there is anything i should know about if using them on the street.
Jeff.

G

·
I have the Weld Draglites - 15x4.5" with the MT 26x7 tires. - they had the DOT warning on them. I go into curves hard enough that the front slides out and they're still fine. Granted, I only have 2000 miles on the car, but they definitely didn't bend.

G

·
I've run the 15 x 4" with a 165/15 and a 15 X 5" with 185/15. I definetly noticed a difference in handling and personally would not recommend the 15 x 4" with a 165/15 for a street driven car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I ran the 15 X 4" with bug tires.  It is fine as long as you realize your front doesn't brake as well with the lack of tread, and don't check too many curbs.  Plus they look great    :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I ordered the 4" rims and will just be a little more watchful for potholes now when driving 0/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts