Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current 17s on the front of the Dart are going to get replaced with something that fits better. Currently I have an 8" wide wheel, and it is just to much as it scrapes the fender. I was going to get another set anyway, because the backspacing is not correct (needs a little more).

I know some of you run the mustang wheel, what size are they and the tire? Is there anyone running an 8" wide 17" wheel on a the front of a Dart?

G

·
17 X 8 with 5.72" backspace, with a 225/50/17 tire....on the alterk with wilwoods, which is about the widest stance - the other brakes options are narrower by a little bit.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill_Reilly said:
17 X 8 with 5.72" backspace, with a 225/50/17 tire....on the alterk with wilwoods, which is about the widest stance - the other brakes options are narrower by a little bit.
That is more backspacing, and a smaller tire. How close are those to the front of the fender? I still have the "cheapo" brake setup, which should give me even more clearance to the fender, but possibly less, lock-to-lock, right?

Thanks Bill.

G

·
To the front of the fender there's lots of room - over an inch. In fact, even with the tire partially up inside the well, I still have full turning radius without hitting the top of the opening. And with the iron rotors, you have 1/4" more clearance than that yet - you should be in great shape. On the turning radius, I found these rims clear the tie rods just fine, although very close when fully compressed and tunred at the same time - an unlikely position...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great. So no trimming on the fender anywhere, eh? That will allow me to go to some better brakes in the future too, with no worries.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Bill. One more Q. The AR THIIs are only sold with a max of 5.5 backspacing on the 8" wide wheel, unless I get a custom offset (ouch). Do you think this is pushing it as far as clearance goes? I know there are a few more guys around here running these...

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts