Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run 17's ? I have a 71 duster that I want to put them on, but having trouble finding a suitable tire for the rear . I would like to find something that will fill the wheelhouse . It has the springs moved in to the frame and would like to find something about 28" tall and with a sectional width of 11.5-12.5 can"t seem to find a tire with those specs in 17 rim. I really want to nail a lower mean stance with decent meats, Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
if you go on to tirerack.com, you can shop for tires by size. just pick a size you think might fit and do a search. when the search comes up, hit SPECKS and it will bring upthe specks on all the tires in thet cat. it gives you the size, section with, ext. for the different tire sizes. hope this helps

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am wanting to put a taller tire on my duster I am going for a look like this nova I found a picture of , I like the look, kinda a cross between pro street and pro touring,modern wheels , thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
267 Posts
its getting easier and easier to find tires for 17s. 325/40/17 is a common size and should be more than wide enough. just look in summit or jegs or tirerack.com

G

·
I can vouch for the Nitto NT450's and the NT 555's. The 555's feel similar to my old M/T Pros I had previously - fairly sticky once they warm up. I put the 450's on my dart in the hopes of a little longer life. Playing with the 555's on a hemi cuda, it's obvious to me they won't last very long the way we typically drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts