Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question for front rims and tires. those of you running 17" mustang rims , are you running 17x8 or 17x9 rims up front and what size tires are you using? are there any rubbing problems I need to look at? the car is a 72 dart and has 75 dart disc brakes on it.

I was looking at the bullit rims they come in 17x8 w/5.72 bs, 17x9 w/5.94 bs, and 17x10.5 w/6.85 bs

G

·
I used the 17X8's with 225/50's and they fit fine with the alterk - the alterk is 5/8" wider per side than the 75 discs though, so they'll either fit better, or if they're too close to things inside you might need a little wheel spacer. I also have wilwoods, and they bolt on fine, but the stang wheel has a center register that's 0.020" smaller than a Mopar, so you may need to file a little bit to fit them on the rotors - obviously milling the inside would be more precise, but as long as you file enough to allow the studs to center the wheel you'll be fine - all aftermarket brakes only center with the studs, so it's no big deal.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if any one is thinking about running mustang rims on your car; you can get 4 17x8 rims and tires for $374 from saleen

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just looked at the Saleen website, I did not see a listing for just the take-off wheels and tires. I only saw:
2005-2006 Mustang GT Take-Off Body Package
Part Number: 99-xxxx-Cxxxx1
Includes Front & Rear Fascias, Grille, Left & Right Sideskirts, Dual Exhaust Kit, Wheels & Tires
Price: $1,199.99

Did you call Saleen to get the price on just the wheels and tires or is there something on the website I'm missing? tnku
Bill

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still get my subscription to muscle mustangs and fast fords they have an ad in there that has them listed for $374 but the ad stated that you need to call the num,ber 1-800-888-8945. they are take off wheels w/PZero Nero P235/55zr 17 tires on them

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the phone number, I also looked at the web site and saw only the body kits. I want a set of these rims also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just called Saleen and was told they are sold out of the wheel/tire deal and it is no longer available. :( Thanks for the info though Smitty, I guess I'm just a little late taking advantage of this deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts