Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone has a source for the original style '67 Dart/Barracuda convertible lower w/s reveal molding/lockstrip? I see Year One lists a repro part that they say fits the original style w/s gasket,but it really doesnt. I need the original style lockstrip.

Thanks in advance

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
118 Posts
65val said:
Hi all. I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone has a source for the original style '67 Dart/Barracuda convertible lower w/s reveal molding/lockstrip? I see Year One lists a repro part that they say fits the original style w/s gasket,but it really doesnt. I need the original style lockstrip.

Thanks in advance
I bought mine frome Stephens Performance, fits just fine. I think it was $110

I had to trim maybe 1 1/2" off, just hope the crap doesn't shrink like the original, changed it all in my 67 Barracuda in 74 and within a year it had shunk so much it didn't reach the corner trim pieces.

Do you have a glass back window? if so WHICH WAY DOES THE GLASS CURVE? I think my glass is backwards concaved, the top manufacturer is telling me this is correct, but I have a 68 parts car and the original glass out of the top that was on my car and they both are convex

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wildcat....nice Dart!!!

Here's a  pic showing the original lockstrip and the Year One repro. The repro will not fit my original windshield gasket. I'd like to find an original.or an exact repro of the original.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Try Laysons. I think they have lock strips available now. Don't know for sure about your app, but they began with 'vert parts them moved on to the rest of the a bodies so if it's available they may have it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
65val said:
Wildcat....nice Dart!!!

Here's a  pic showing the original lockstrip and the Year One repro. The repro will not fit my original windshield gasket. I'd like to find an original.or an exact repro of the original.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm happy with the way it looks. Now to get the minor details finsihed.

I think your repo is the same as what I put in my car. I started to put it in upside down. Once I turned it over I was able to get it in. I used something to lube the gasket (don't remember what it was) and started on passenger side and worked across.

check with www.stephensperformance.com Email them the pictures and ask if that is what they sell

A guy down the street has a 67 Barracuda and he bought some chrome trim at the local auto parts store and put it in the lock strip groove. It looks good.

It is my understanding the 69 used stainless steel trim instead of the plastic lock stripe, but I'm not sure if that is correct

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the responses!

cu440da...I have contacted Laysons and I'm going to stop in at their store on my way to the Portland Swap Meet in April and see in person what they have.

Wildcat....I checked out Stevens website and could not find an email address (maybe I'm just blind   ???  )  I think they changed the trim in '68 and '69. There was a '67 Barracuda 'vert in a recent Mopar magazine that the owner said he changed all the w/s trim to the '68/'69 style with the required clips.

My car has a plastic back window...i know,not correct,but the top isnt bad enought to replace yet so I'm going to make do with it. If I replace it,I will get a glass window one.

Darwin

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 68 Dart convertible has the same locking strip as the 67. I sold my 68 convertible parts car today and the locking strip was almost all gone.

I have never been to Stephens web site. I got the info from another convertible Dart owner and called and ordered the locking strip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts