Big Block Dart Forums banner

1971 Dodge Dart

8K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  4mopar#1 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum and I would like to show you what I have been working on for the last year. I finally got it finished last month!! It is a 440 stroked to 512c.i., took it to a 1/8 mile track at made one pass before it broke the rear end gears (I EXPECTED THAT TO HAPPEN). It ran 6.68 at 105mph and driver was skidish being the first run in this car. I can't wait untill It gets all the bugs worked out of it and get a new gear. Also I would like to thank Allen my mopar buddy for all his help doing this build.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Very nice looking Dart.

#13 ·
Wow awesome looking car you have.ok have a couple of questions for you if you dont mind answering them. one how do you like the edelbrock super victor intake? did you port it or did you run it out of the box. are you running a prosystems 1050 dominator? how do you like it? the reasion i ask this is because i am thinking of puting the same set up on my 73 big block dart. also what size wheels and tires are you useing. thanks Mopar65

#14 · (Edited)
I took the super victor intake straigt out of the box, it matched intake ports on the eddy heads. The Pro Systems carb. is actually 1100 cfm now, it was for a different build, I haven't had time to tune it to this motor combo, as far as Pro systems goes the are very good. I know 2 more friends that run their carb.The rear tires are Mickey Thompson drag radials 295/55/15.

#18 ·
That is really a sweet Dart. And it runs strong. I would say 6.68 in the 1/8 is 10.50's to 10.60's. I ran 6.83 on a 10.76 so you have an easy mid to low 10 car. Very nice. Ron

Opps just saw I missed the 10.23 pass. So I was right low 10's.

#20 · (Edited)
I bought the new moser 875 fab housing with 35 spline axles, 430 gears with a spool, the car also tried to rip the welds off the spring perches, thats when I decided to change the complete rear. the car did actually run 1.46 sixty foot and ran the 1/8 at 6.49 at 106.04 mph. I also had the lowering blocks in the car when I had rear end problems.Their long gone now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.