Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at WS Racing's site and saw he offers two sizes for the 6-pak hood. Anyone have the 4.5" version on their car? If so, could you post a pic?

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I will post a pic of my sons dart when I get back from Hot August Nights, 4.5 is stock 6 pac scoop height, I have it on my 69 charger too but its in the tranny shop.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
4.5" is stock size? i think my aar scoop is smaller than that. ill have to measure it. id like to have a little bigger scoop. with an m1 intake on a lowdeck, i just barely fit a 3" airfilter without a drop base.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
just checked mine. its 3 1/4" from the hood to the top of the scoop across the front. id definitely go for the bigger scoop.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James, how big is your air cleaner diameter? I am running the 400-2 MW Indy intake, and it is pretty tall.

Dr, How was the quality of the hood? Would it need much work to make it straight for paint?

Thanks.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
James, how big is your air cleaner diameter?  I am running the 400-2 MW Indy intake, and it is pretty tall.  Also, is yours an AAR or ??

Dr, How was the quality of the hood?  Would it need much work to make it straight for paint?  WS is about 1.5 hours from me, if that.  I hear they do excellent work.  Carter got his from them and really likes it.

I was going to ask if yours was a bolt on, but after reading the link, I guess not....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hood was super stiff for glass. It kind of bowed up in the middle making the fender seam hard to line up. Had to reach a happy middle and as usual only the owner (me) could tell. The USbody hood is on the way and that is a 3.5"inch sixpack. But the hood was real good quality. I have a 13inch pie plate with an 11 inch air element for an air cleaner. When you looked in the scoop to top plate lined up with the hood portion. It had a fists height between the top plate and the inside top of the scoop. The instake is a Weiand Xcellerator. Here is the engine compartment pic if that helps. I can send a larger image if needed.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drjay0/detail?.dir=bfb4re2&.dnm=b103re2.jpg

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
i have the unscilenced factory type of air cleaner, i guess its 13 or 14" outside with a smaller element inside. the m1 is pretty tall, but probably not as tall as your indy intake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts