Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out some things for when I go to upgrade my Dart(My plan first is to get it to a running driving state-restoring body, 318, auto, 8 3/4" rear end) and I'd like to find out from you guys If My plans of putting in a 4 Link in the rear is a street friendly idea? Would it be a good idea?

Oh and if Bill(refering to the one who builds the AlterKtion front suspension if theres other Bill's on here) I'd like to know if I can put in a bigger sway bar(Say 1 1/2" dia) instead of the one that comes with it(1.125")

My ultimate goal for this car is to make it something I can do pretty much everything with, drag, road coarse, street, maybe even some drifting(reason for the big swaybar up front)

·
Registered
994 Posts
their are 4 links for the street....they use bushings as apose to solid spherical ends all the mini truckx use them..and it use's a slighly different panhard bar for less binding.........in my valiant i have a ladder bar setup[which is worse then a 4-link for the street] and i have had no problem with that....my coronet has the full deal 4-link and i will be driving it on the street [so time will tell].....

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was told buy alston and chassis engineering that you use a 4 link for cars under 3000 lbs and ladder bar coil over for cars over.mines ladder coil over and have NO problems. and i put tons of street mines on my car. 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone have any rough estimates on how much a 4-link costs? I know there's kits and stuff but I wouldnt be able to do the fabrication myself...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder why they would suggest that? I found a site that says a dart with a slant 6 auto is just above 2700 lbs. What kind of difference could dropping a 383 in make?

Does anyone have links to manufacturers with streetable 4 links?

·
Registered
749 Posts
With this setup...we would remove the stock leaf springs??? And would this work with the stock frame rails..

thanks
Rick

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
994 Posts
rharveysr said:
With this setup...we would remove the stock leaf springs???  And would this work with the stock frame rails..

thanks
Rick
that's exactly what i have in my valiant...it's a ladder bar setup...leaf springs come out...and you can use it with your stock frame rails..like i did...you can get the car siting fairly low with it and put a decent tire on it as well..

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
749 Posts
fasttcars....

Just sent you an email about your ladder bar setup!

Thanks
Rick and Rickey Jr.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Only problem with running a ladder bar set up like that on the street is they have a nasty habit of breaking the brackets off the axle as there is no provision to allow the car to lean when cornering, so something has to give... you don't get that problem with a 4 link.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Blue said:
Only problem with running a ladder bar set up like that on the street is they have a nasty habit of breaking the brackets off the axle as there is no provision to allow the car to lean when cornering, so something has to give... you don't get that problem with a 4 link.
true 4-links are more streetable......but yet after 6 years of harsh street driving i haven't had a problem yet with mine....

·
Registered
161 Posts
And in that time I've seen it happen on 2 different cars, mind you we probably have a few more corners to negotiate than you guys ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts