Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone run a 4-link without a backhalfed car? if so, could you please post up some pictures of how you did yours, I am trying to get and idea cuase I am getting closer to bagging my car. I have the front all figured out now, but I just want to see if anyone has put a 4 link on a stock rear sub-frame, its ok if its tubbed, i am just not going to back half my car.
thanks,
Mike

G

·
I back halved my car but these pictures may help:

This one shows the stock frame rail compared to the template of the one's I built, your links would just be shorter. Shorter links mean the axle would move a little more fore and aft during up and down travel.

Also because of the curve of the frame rail (stock) your bottom link would be longer, no a big deal really in a street car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thankyou very much for the pictures, seeing the stock frame rails i am wondering, would it be better to run a triangulated 4link or a wishbone link system. it will very much be a street car, seeing little if any track time. it will be seeing a lot of travel though, driving real low for cruises (if i am lucky draggin some drag blocks and shooting sparks) and driving about stock when just driving. I dont really want to run a parallel link system cuase I dont want to run a 5th bar to locate the axle.

I appreciate it very much,
thanks,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts