Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this past summer I visited a guy in Tucson who had this 440 4speed Barracuda with the Max Wedge manifolds. This car was built around 1991 and used for a daily driver for around 5 years. It was retired from duty in 1996 and has sat ever since. The owner fabricated everything that he needed. The car had A/C and cruise to name a few.

I have a set of manifolds and a 63 Dart that I will hopefully begin to mock up in January. I will be posting pics as I progress.

Enjoy the pics. The car was very dusty and covered with leaves as any car sitting for so long would be. I will do my best to answer any questions.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
266 Posts
Now thats shoe-horning a big block into a small block space................He's even got the hood hinged up front, I guess thats so his hood don't get ripped off with all that power going down the road...............did you see the 2-4 barrel carb set-up, and the way the master cylinder has a heat sheild between it and the exhaust manifold, and the brake line coming out of the master is rerouted up and back to the firewall..............I wonder how it looks from underneath? Oh, and look he's even got a pistol grip shifter like me...... ;D ;D Does he plan on getting it back on the road?

·
Registered
266 Posts
By the way.........How and what did he use to route the plug wires?..........I notice he has the plug boots on the ends of metal tubing (maybe?) and then has that routed to the plugs themselves.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The car looks to be in really good shape also.  He looks to be very proud of it too.  That would make a really cool ride for someone to put back on the street and the track.  I'd like to see more on how he did that hood too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The owner did all of the fabrication. Including making the spark plug "wires". He made them out of teflon coated stainless steel. Truly a marvel of innovation.

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
" teflon coated stainless steel " I've heard of solid core but damn. I bet he fuzzed out every TV for 6 blocks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
very kool thanks for sharing,,,,,fuzzed out,,,,lol _-_-_

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can someone repost these pics? I am trying to decide if the max wedge manifolds will fit in my dart and would like to see pics again for reference...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts