Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good COLOR picture of these Dart 440 GTS hood callouts.

Mine are white on black background , but I'm not sure the guy who restored the car got the correct callouts.  The 340/383 numbers on the callouts are red.  I'm wondering if the 440's are supposed to be red also

THanks
Chas

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nope. That's rite for a 440 car. But we do need to see more pics of your car. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Here you go

If you click on the blurred pic you can hear it, too

I have the correct 440 pie tin air cleaner top, stainless exhaust tips, and redline tires that are going on in the spring, along with a vintage sun tach and hurst t-hanlde to make it like my original dart in 69 (318, though)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nice car. Is it a real M code car? I didn't think you could get a stick in one. Looks a lot like my old 383 car, but mine had a black top. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.  It was actually an H code  383 .  The guy who restored it put the 440 monster in.  The A833 and DANA 60 and drivetrain  (4:10's ) are from a hemi.

I'll be puttinjg my personal touches on it, including correct redline tires, stainless exhaust tips and 440 pietin air cleaner top.   Rocker mouldings if I can find them. Othe than that I'm all set.

And the 2 things to make it just like my original 69 Dart  -  an NOS Vintage Sun tach and Hurst T handle.

Chas

EDIT I think I already said all of this up top, but I'm excited. SORRY

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice cloned GTS. I have one myself, and made the hood callouts, I liked the way the 340 and 383 callouts had the red so I made up my own custom callout on my custom clone. check it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good. I liked the red too but apparentlly it' supposed to be silver on black so I'll leave it that way.

I like your car color as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes silver on black is correct.When I bought my M-code back in 84 there was an NOS 440 hood callout in the glove box.I didn't use it,went with year-one re-pops when I restored the car.I was told that they were just applied over the ones that were allready in the hood.

·
Registered
266 Posts
if you want a period correct, 100 point numbers matching, documented original GTS restored ride, then the original look is what you want. I wanted to personalize my ride with one-off custom parts that could pass for original (if it was thought up back in the day) to the untrained mopar enthusiast. Besides my GTS is a clone it used to be a lowly 1967 GT /6 car, but it now has alot of original GTS and some repop parts on it.
Hence the marquee sig pic phrase;  %) MY RIDE!! MY WAY!! %)
santa4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine came that way so I'll leave them

The red letter 440 six pak callout looks good, since they never came that way, so it's a nice blend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.