Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have some pics specially close to motor mount area?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both would be great, trying to figure what I bought for sure.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This is a 73 and up V-8 spool homemade DC K member. I fabbed it pretty much per Jim's tech page article. I still have to check for oil pump clearence when my mounts show up this week. I added the skid plate. I covered the ugly factory welds. Would have looked better but all the porosity from Chrysler had the puddle popping like popcorn.

Tom

·
Registered
177 Posts
gasman said:
You really do some awesome work Tom, I know when I go looking for fabbed stuff your name is always involved, nice job.
I second that Tom.  I'm always impressed by your welding abilities.  I haven't seen one bad weld from any of the pictures you've posted.  I hope some day to be that good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really nice work!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
A13Dart said:
Looks damn nice Tom! I didn't box in my mounts, but I think I will now.
You guys are too kind.

gasman, a fabbed K member will have the boxes offset like mine. A factory big block K member has biscuit style mounts.

Mike, after I finished it I figured I would dress up the mounts and box them in on the ends. I left them open in the center so they wouldn't collect dirt. I had a hell of a time today; long Halloween Party last night dressed up like a pirate drinking rum 'til I fell over. I was a little shaky today.  lol  lol

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts