Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have purchased an AR engineering 90 amp alternator bracket and a new alternator, My question is does anyone make a 8 rib serpentine pulley to replace v belt pulley, and NOT 440 source, and I want to use the alternator just on the crankshaft an alternator as I run PRO in NHRA bracket racing, and IM tossing belts on original Chrysler alt, and made change to chevy CVR alt kit s15 style, CVR is no help they fail to resolve the issue and poor quality of parts
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Super Moderator
1,448 Posts
hmm. I looked at March Performance but all theirs seem to be 6 groove. Honestly, Ive always had good luck with the V-belts personally. how hard are you spinning this rig? it almost sounds like a misalignment. did you fab the bracket for the GM Alt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. I looked at March Performance but all theirs seem to be 6 groove. Honestly, Ive always had good luck with the V-belts personally. how hard are you spinning this rig? it almost sounds like a misalignment. did you fab the bracket for the GM Alt?

NO, Its a bracket car ( B Body 3600 lb car Solid motor mount ) 538 CI, 6500 shift 4200 launch 727, belt tosses usually on 1-2 shift or 3rd , FIrst ran deep v belts tried inside cog , outside cog, smooth smooth belt Gates, quality 28.00 belkts, and tossed every round, than went to 8 rib pulley an dcrank pulley as shown

First V belt alt and deeper than stock v belkt pulley on alt, Entire kit bought from CVF racing including alternator https://support.cvfracing.com/hc/en...-Block-GM-Alternator-Mid-Mount-Passenger-Side

I have alignment to near perfect all new pulleys, new motor, new entire crankshaft and spins true , and I'm a very skilled refrigeration service contractor and I deal with pulleys and belt all my life, NOT a shade tree bumbkin

Here is 90 amp package from Mancini and AR Engineering Mancini Racing - 90 Amp Low Mount Alternator Bracket Kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts