Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Can you sumarize the thread for the lazy folks like myself who don't feel like reading 11 pages?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Can you sumarize the thread for the lazy folks like myself who don't feel like reading 11 pages?
The 440 source water pumps have smaller "supply ports" where as a stock type water pump has double the size "supply ports"

Hmm. Maybe explains my over heating problems...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
some must not be able to read ...

Ummm ..... Did ANY of the above posters read the whole thread ? obviously not ... some of you LAZY readers might want to start at page 7 and then educate yourselves from there ... or ... just keep on keepin on with the uneducated opinions ...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ummm ..... Did ANY of the above posters read the whole thread ? obviously not ... some of you LAZY readers might want to start at page 7 and then educate yourselves from there ... or ... just keep on keepin on with the uneducated opinions ...
And some of you may want to keep buying the rope that will one day hang us all economically.
I'll give you the Readers Digest condensed version.
Turns out the " restricted " housing still flowed 40 gpm , and the water pump was the culprit.
Did I get the flavor of the thing ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi,
I'm using one of the 440source pump housings, with a 8 vane water pump. The temperature is holding steady at 180* So far it working good. The only problem I had was sealing that damn thing. You gotta tighten the crap out of the pump bolts & fittings.
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
I read the entire Post on the charger forum some time ago

The 440 Source housing is okay....it's their pump that flows really bad at low RPM....they didn't actually test a Milodon one but I kept the 440 Source housing and junked their pump then switched to a High Flow Milidon one....

One of the top flowing ones they tested was the eight blade stock AC version....

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wow. I really didn't get a chance to read the WHOLE thread, just only through 2 pages. Sorry for the "misguided" information

·
Registered
16 Posts
So Ron, I might have this problem with the one we bought at Mancini's.
Do you know of anyone that makes a good alum. housing that is not restrictive?

Off the subject, I have had a couple of arguments with 440 Source about their Chinese alum. heads. I'll pay more and stick with Edelbrock any day of the week.

Coronet Blue

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these from Mancini.....

MANCINI - "B/RB" HIGH VOL. WATER PUMP / HOUSING PACKAGE
We have packaged up a Mancini Racing high volume aluminum water pump and aluminum housing with a chrome water neck.
$159.95
MRE6900KHV

Or one of these same housing no pump........

MANCINI - B/RB Hemi Aluminum Water Pump Housing
$89.95
MRE-86900
I am quoting myself to ask this question again....has anyone had any experience with the Mancini housing or water pump and housing combo?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I played it safe when I bought mine. I went with a MP one.
Haven't heard anything bad about the mancini ones.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts