Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lars said:
Saw this over on Moparts, have never heard of it. Some of you guys may have seen it, but it was news to me.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
I would guess if you do what he stated it would work. Some areas would be hard to get to with the roller, so I guess a small foam brush would ne needed too.

I seem a semi (red) and a 71 Torino (black) that was painted with a spray can. You could not tell it. They wet sanded between coats and in the end buffed the paint.

Rustoleum goes on shiny and is durable. Don't know how it would stand up to the UV rays. Put it on smooth enough, multible coats and wet sand it should give a nice finish.

You try it and show us your results -0*(

G

·
I believe it. I once helped a couple of friends roll out a van in a boathouse with Interlux 2-part polyurethane hull paint in Blu-Glo White. Smooth, shiny, and damn bright.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've been following that thread for a while now; it definitely looks like an idea. Everyone seems to be having problems with the correct mixture of thinner and prep issues; anyone who's painted anything knows that these are critical steps. I'm waiting for someone to get a solid result before I run out and buy some... ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to try it out, but I'm so far away from paint it's not even funny.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This one came up in off-topic section a while back and I still don't believe it. I'd rather get $50 worth a rattle paint, as long as you want a white car...don't ask, but it does work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've seen a car done with a roller. Thats what it looked like.
On the other hand, I knew a guy who sprayed a nova with Centari through an airless. After alot of rubbing it looked OK.

G

·
          doh I paid $300 like a dum ass,for my paint job ::) but that was  March of 1993  I put 20,000 miles on it but now its a race car. -0*(    the clear was $165 back then. artic white with blue pearl in the clear, red pearl in the clear in flames,then coat of clear. :eek: The sides were done 1/2 siver base/gold base than wineberry candy doh It took 10 min. for the trunk. all done from friday at 3 pm to sunday at 11 am

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
as a former bodyman,i would not even consider some of these crude methods of painting unless the car was going into a demolition derby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
amen.....amen.....amen....dont waste your time with the rattle can.........spend the monies and the time buy the right products read the directions,plan your attack....i hate rattle can's........

1 - 20 of 49 Posts