Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear brakes on the 5th ave are 10x2.5...even though its a 7.25 rear. The backing plate only have 4 attachement studs...so is it useless to pull the backing plates?
I'm going to pull the shoes / WCs and hardware. Will those parts just fit onto the 8.25 / 8.75? The drums look very deeply finned and overhang the backing plate by 1/2". The drums currently on the 8.25 just cover the lip of the backing plate.

The drums seems to fit OK. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Only four bolts, but the still have five holes. Pull them of and put them on your 8 3/4. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pulled the axles...and yup...5 holes, 4 used. took the whole shoot'n match off. Brake cables won't work though....different style.
Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
Whats different? Are these going on the 64? If they are you should be able to use the cables from the 64. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are a direct fit onto the 8.25 or 8.75 rear. They are 10x2.5 brakes. I know I can use the OEM 64 ebrake cables (if they were good...which they are not...). I'm just going to throw them onto the shelf for now. I have to build up a 8.75 for the challenger....so they may be used there.

I already have 8.25 complete for the 64 ready to go in (with SG).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.