Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start with the paint/body question.? Working on the valiant and it's been repainted from factory white to red. There are a lot of chips, mainly looks like the red was scrapped off or just like rock chips but are up high on the hood and trunk.? Ruff count, 30 of them.? What's the easiest way to fix these without stripping the whole car.? Can I feather them out and fill with build up primer?? This is just a driver, no show and not much go.? ?

Here's some before and after pics of the lower quarter.? Used my donor car for patches and sent it to mopar heaven.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bakaruda said:
Lots of work but in the end it is worth it.
It wasn't that bad, thinking about 6 hours total just me and my little hobart and angle cutoff/grinder. Worst part is sanding, I didn't like it 15 years ago (last time I sanded a complete car) and I still don't like it. I'm good for 20 minutes tops and I have to go jump on the computer or have a beer or both.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
you went that far and are doing the job the right way so far. dont skimp on the rest. if the old red paint has flaked off that easy, i wouldnt paint over it. there is not a good bond between the red and white paint. i would at least take it down to the original paint. then of coarse epoxy and high build, lots of it. it looks good so far. think how pissed you will be if you dont like it after its painted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts