Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 64 WAS a S6, but we're going to install a small block. I have the cable gas pedal assy...but need to locate it on the floor / firewall. Can someone tell me exactly where it goes? a picture might be good too. The original was that twist rod thing. There is a hole for that rod, along with 3 bolt holes....but none line up. TIA bbscamp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had to fab a 2 piece bracket to work with the 73-76 dart/valiant cable and pedal. I don't know if I can get a good picture of it where it is mounted on the firewall. I used the original hole and grommet and made brackets out of aluminum that I had at the shop. Took 2 tries to get it right. If I can tonight will take a pic of it and try to post it, computers are not my thing. o[

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...that should help. My pedal is a 64 V8 one.....but the holes aren't in the floor/firewall to mount it. I was hoping for factory placement picts......
Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if there are two little dimps in the floor to for it already. When I done this same conversion all the dimples in the fire wall were already there. All I did was just drill, but my floor board was gone right there to know if those two dimples were there or not.

Lee

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**(*) ???my pics didn't come out good enough to see anything clearly. I used the 3 original holes in the firewall and built my bracket around those. I'm sure someone else has a factory V-8 car on this board or forabodiesonly and a better camera than mine. Sorry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The issue of dimples on the floor would be only for the pedal. I'm not worried about that. I need to place the pivot bracket on the firewall. 66dartman: did you have the cable goe through the 1" hole with the 3 bolt holes???

·
Registered
305 Posts
Are you using what would by stock in those cars. That's what I was trying to say about the dimples also in the firewall. You'll have four dimples in the firewall the bracket out of a 66 and down will cover the three bolts and hole that the old rod goes thru. When it comes to the cable part of it that dimples is bigger and will take a fairly good size bit. This is the only picture I have, so bare with me please. Between the hole where the rod comes thru and the master cylinder are four dimples that will match the bracket out of the car with the cable style bracket.

Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess these are the fimples for the bracket. I guess I'll have to drill a whole and ad a grommet for the cable pass through. correct?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, those are it. Drommet thing, well the big bracket on the inside will cover most of that up. Really I'm not sure if I've ever seen a car with one there. Maybe somebody could post a close up like that of an original one for use to see. When I got my firewall gasket kit it came one big white one that's looks like and "L" like the inside bracket.

Isn't that cool that the preped that for us.

Lee

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used 64 - 68 B-body L6 gas pedal (cable) in my 65 Valiant 318+A833. Pedal is mounted on the floor and link works well in same place as normal A-body L6 gas link. You have to drill B-body links holes bigger and then ist jus bolt on system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bbscamp said:
The issue of dimples on the floor would be only for the pedal.  I'm not worried about that. I need to place the pivot bracket on the firewall.    66dartman:  did you have the cable goe through the 1" hole with the 3 bolt holes???
I used the /6 1" hole and built a bracket to use the 3 original holes. Then I built another bracket that holds the 73-76 V-8 a body pedal and bolts to the bracket on the firewall. Complicated I know but it works and I can use a cable that is available. It also lets me get full opening on my 750 mech. sec carb before hitting the floor. o----o<>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts