Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where the needle on the temp gauge normally rides. Curious to see where normal is. Can I talk somebody out of a picture where there car is up and running a normal running temperture? Thanks for your time.

Lee

·
Registered
281 Posts
My 64 small block runs 160 at night, 180 - 200 in the summer. A little hotter in traiffic, that when i use my electric fan

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
25 Posts
stock guage should be near the middle,
but this will also depend on the sending unit.

To cheak Your car;
buy a meat thermometer, start the car, with the radiator cap off,
when the t'stat opens, measure the water temp,
and see where Your guage reads.

Then you will Know where Your guage is, in comparison to the water temp.

on my car at 175f, my guage is not hardly touching the bottom of the U shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 63 Valiant with a 340 and my car at 195 was 3/4 of the way towards hot. I put a autometer gauge in for better reliability. By the way what kind of air cleaner do you run with the six-pack? Does it fit under the stock hood? I have a six-pack set-up I was thinking of installing on mine. Ken

·
Registered
31 Posts
lee ya talking to me about a pict of my valiant? i will try,but it took about a week to get a pict of my dart on here.i will try totake some today.how do i get them where you can see them? 8)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
65dart440pro said:
Would a 64 Valiant dash work in my 65 Barracuda? 0/
Well, at one time I was thinking about putting the 65 Cuda cluster in my car and the holes that scew in the dash are in the wrong place. If you want to change the whole dash then ya it would work.

Lee

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
slantvaliant said:
All gauges reading normally ... ;)

I-20, West of Odessa, Texas
Sorry I can see your picture now. Thanks that's killer. I'm on somebody else's computer and not the one that I'm normally on, which is my work place. I couldn't understand "All gauges reading normally...". I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to be rude. But, thanks that's too cool. I haven't been able to run the car since 96 so I've completly for gotten what it used to read. Thanks again a picture is worth a thousand words.

I just noticed that your speed o is running 80, are you running that fast?

Lee

·
Registered
143 Posts
love that blue valiant,,,,and i perfer the 64 cluster over the 65....nice car,,,that blue valiant

1 - 20 of 20 Posts