Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
      Will a manual steering gearbox from a 66 barracuda work on a 65 barracuda that has a power steering box???
I know the steering columns are  different.  How can I make an extention to join the power column to the manual gear box???     Would this manual gearbox work on a 72 duster also with power steering ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, it should from the 66 to the 65.  There  is a year range where the pitman arms are going to be different, not sure on the 72. 

Lee

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for info. o----o<> ;D how do i join it to the column ??? ???

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO can i make an adaptor or should I buy one from some wher??? Or just get the collum off the 66 and change the collum out. Who sells an adapter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
The power steering and manual steering couplers are different (the input shafts are different size - power is smaller). the steering shafts in the column are differnet lengths, too.
I went from power to manual on my BB setup. I loosened the column under the dash, and pushed it in about 1.5 inches, it fit! I cant remember if I changed out the coupler lower half or not, but it slid right in. Its just a little farther from the seat now. Cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts