Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can get the front U-joint for a 65 Dart. I can find the rear one, but am having trouble with the front. This is the smaller joint 7260.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you checking on the Ball-and-trunion and that was pre 65 or 64 and earlier. From what they told me at Mancini Racing the front and rear U-joints are the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not true.
Original 65 Dart 273/235HP with 4 spd. used ball and trunnion front u-joint. This was last year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting sounds like some in 65 used the Ball and Trunion and some used the U-joint, because mine has a U-joint, but mine is an original V8.

·
Registered
724 Posts
1965 was the transition year and according to the article in this link printed below you could find both types.

http://www.autohobbydigest.com/a-auto.html

1965 was the year that Chrysler phased out the ball-n-trunion driveshaft in favor of a slip yoke with a cross-n-roller U-joint. For the most part, B-body and C-body 727s were slip yoke in 1965, and A-body 904s were mostly ball-n-trunion. Since it was a transition year, both style transmissions can be found in A, B, and C bodied automatics. Almost the entire lot of 1965 A833's were ball-n-trunion, for A, B, and C body cars. Ball-n-trunions, if serviced, will last forever (make sure the dust boot isn't broken).

The 727 wasn't available in the A body until 67

·
Registered
305 Posts
Every 65 A-body and down that I've crawled under had the ball and trunion under them.  When I had Passon build my new tranny I'd ask for the newer slip in yoke.

Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts