Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a 66 Cuda race car, 440 stroker, tubbed with 22" sneakers out back, Dana 60 shortened with 4.11 posi, full cage, 727 reverse valve body, Cheetah shifter, trans lock, sweat interior done in silver and wine tweed and through the rear slanted window is this huge penta star. This car was featured in Mopar Action, Mopar Collector's Guide and ESPN 2 with Don Garlits as the host. Sorry I got a little carried away! The question is where can he get a mopar specific, fiberglass hemi hood, with the scoop open to the front of the car, about 4-6"? Right now he has a bowtie piece that is 6" and it open to the windshield. He wants to get rid of it so his car is all Mopar! Any help on this topic would be appreciated. We already checked out Dood source out of Florida and Jeg's, and Summit and a few other web site that only seem to carry the new stuff. My son took some pics with his cell phone and I will display them when he gets them down loaded.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have had 66 barracudas all my life,i do not know of any one currently making a glass hood for a 66,you can call aar fiberglass they make a lot for mopar,,they may do it if you have a steel hood to cast one from,,or there is a place in ill out side chicago that use to have molds for a hood and fenders for a 66,,i know they are stil in busniess but not sure if they still make any thing for the 66 this place is call vfn fiber glass well known they are in the phone book im sure they will either be listed as in villa park ill or addision illl...the owners kid opened his own shop in il and i think it is called glasstech,,,give one of them a try,,,,hope this helps you,,,let me know how it works out
yes please get that chevy cowl hod scoop off of that car,,i hate those cowl scoops on a mmopar,,,

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I have been a way for a couple days and just recieved your reply. I'll check on those leads first thing in the morning. This car is sweat and that hood does not do the car any justice. I will let you know what I find out either good or bad. Thanks again!

·
Registered
143 Posts
vfn is in ill and use to make hoods and front fenders for 66 cudas,,i havent been in that shop in years,,last i heard they had no fender molds,,any longer,,but worth a call to see,,

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have checked all of your leads and have found out that no one make a hood for the 66' Cuda with a scoop. Almost all of these companies make the flat hood as was previously mentioned. My brother will have to decide to go with what he has or buy a flat hood and a scoop and do it himself. I certainly prefer he buy and make it himself, that cowl hood looks hideous on the Cuda. I will help him if he decides to go for it! I want to thank each of you for your time and effort. People like you help not only this sport, in which we are co-laborers, but you help to restore my faith in America with your selfless acts and jestures of kindness. God Bless You!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
try ws racing in ohio, they make alot of hard to find stuff. Takes awhile but good people ! I know they will bond any scoop on any hood that you might think of! Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts