Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been working through the issues on my 67 Dart, and finally gotten around to troubleshooting the clutch. The pedal has always been rediculously difficult to push down and noisy. I don't mean just difficult, it requires way more force that it should....even with the Hays clutch.

All the linkage (z-bar, push rods, etc) all look good, but the pedal assembly looks like it has some serous issues. Moves side to side about 1/2 in and has about 1.5 inches of freeplay when you push it down. Also, the pedal arm rubs on the push rod to the z-bar. The brake pedal also moves side to side with it. To me it looks like something is missing/screwed up, and that a simple bushing kit is not the fix. A lot of other stuff on the car was really hacked up so it wouldn't surprise me if someone has Ham and Egged the pedals also.

If anyone has any pics of a known complete pedal assembly it would be much appreciated. I've tried to post pics of mine but for some reason they won't upload. Any tips on that too would also be appreciated.

Also, anyone have a pedal assembly for sale??

Thanks,

Al
67 Dart GT
Indy headed 440
Doug Nash 4+1
Dana 60.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I dont have pics, but heres an FYI... You have to have 5 or 10 posts here to put up pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

Thanks for the help so far. Looking at the exploded view, it looks like I'm missing some pieces like the sleeve and a couple of other things. I will have to look at it closely tomorrow against the diagram....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,

Looked at my pedal setup tonight and compared it to the parts catalog. Looks like I am missing the following:

Bushing 6-38-3
Sleeve 5-27-2
Stop 6-38-23
Bushing 5-27-2
Washer 6-52-15

Also the rod (6-50-1) is held onto the pedal setup by a washer that someone welded to the pedal (6-38-1) instead of using a spring clip.

I haven't seen any of these parts listed in Year One or any of the other big resto-parts supplier. I could probably rig something up but I would rather buy a good assembly and re-bush it. If anyone has an extra for sale I would much appreciate it. I will also list an ad in the for sale/wanted section.

Thanks again for all your help... this is an awesome site. Look forward to getting this beast on the road next spring.

Rock on,

Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello fellow gearheads,

Does anyone know what year range of A-body pedal assemblies will fit a 67 Dart? I don't care about originality, just functionality. There is a pedal set from a 72 Duster on Ebay I am thinking about buying to fix my clutch woes....

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
692 Posts
Any pedal, 67 to 76 should fit. They changed the style of the pedal once or twice but they should all interchange. I had a 69 pedal in my 75. I added two gussets to the pedal to strengthen it - some of the early ones tended to bend to the right a little...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts