Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information about coilover settings for a Street Lynx setup with Viking Coilovers? I have a bigblock 67 Dodge Dart with full RMS suspension and having one heck of a time getting consistent 60' times. I tried with drag radials to no avail and have since moved to Hoosier 29/11.5-15 Quick Time Pros. My 60' times are all over the place from 1.48 to 1.59. My car weighs in at 3630 with me in it. It runs 6.60s at 103 in the eighth mile so I am happy with its performance, just not its consistency. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rear suspension

Start with the obvious,

1.Rear tire pressure make sure it's consistent.
2.Is the car spinning at launch?
3.Have someone video the car launching.

It sounds to me like the tires are spinning on the launch, but not knowing anymore than what was put in the OP I don't have much to go on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RMS Street Lynx with Viking Coilover Drag Racing Setup

Thanks DemonRacer. Tire pressure is dead consistent. Running 13.25 lbs on the QTPs. I will have to get someone to film the car...hopefully in SloMo so that we can see if they are spinning. Just want this thing to leave consistently.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rear suspension

Try marking your tires with a stripe of shoe polish about an inch wide at the valve stem & film from both sides. When we put the CalTracs on the Dakota, we had one hell of a time sorting it out. It took about 3 weekends & numerous passes to get it to leave & 60' consistently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts