Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the bench seat in my 67 dart 270 with buckets out of a 68 GT. The previous owner gave me the bucket frames and new seat foam. He also gave me the rear GT seat. I found a guy on ebay selling seat covers for a good price. I have a couple of questions.

Is the rear seat the same between 67 and 68 (other than the cover)?

Also, Year one doesn't list door panels for the 67. Other than the patern, can 68 door panels be used in my 67?

Thanks in adance!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Don't know about the swap. On the door panels, my Legnedary interior catalog lists black '67 front door panels $220 a pair and the rears are $120 a pair. Probably doesn't include tha badging. If you want a color other than black the prices go way up.

Tom

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 68 seats in my 67. yes the seats will work but you have to use 68 seat covers. the 67 has a hard back and side panels on the seat bottom. The 68 buckets has a soft back and no side panel on the seat bottom

So get a complete 68 interior or have a custom interior done for it. Since you will have 68 seat covers get 68 door panels and it will all match. The medallions for the 68 seats might be hard to get

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responses guys!

There is a guy on Ebay who will sell me front and rear seat covers and door panels for $650 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4610061843&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

I have some more questions.

Will the rear cover fit on my 67 frame?  It's in better shape than the 68 that I have.

Jim, what is the problem with the 68 buckets not fitting?  It's a driver, not a resto, so I'm not worried about being correct.  I know I'll have to add some sort of reinforcments under the floorpan, but other than that, what problems would I have?

Wildcat, it sounds like you have already done the same swap, so I'll probably be in touch!  Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My car is just parts put together. The engine, front suspension and rear end out of 71 demon. The front fenders and rear bumper are off a 67 hardtop parts car, the trans is suppose to be out of 69 Dart, the front seats and front bumper are from 68 convertible parts car. Many parts bought at swap meets.  This was a 10 year project. Spent way too much time down and change too many ideas from start to finish

e mail me if you have any questions. [email protected]tbb.com

I think you will find the seat frames for a 67 and 68 to be exactly the same for the rear seat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice pictures. Looks like you have a lot of work in your interior.

I took my seats to a local interior shop yesterday, and the guy quoted me $350 to install the front and rear seat covers. A friend came over last night and seems to think that we can figure it out ourselves. I just need to buy a pair of pliers and some hogrings.

Does anyone know of any instructions for do it yourself interior work?

·
Registered
118 Posts
BrianT said:
Does anyone know of any instructions for do it yourself interior work?
I helped a friend do the seat for his wife's 69 Swinger and it isn't hard to do.

Legendary seat covers come with instructions on how to to it.

Lay them out a few days before starting to install, have a blow dryer to heat to remove wrinkles.

If it is warm outside the day you install leave them lay in the sun might help too to soften the material.

pull them over the frame, stretch and hog ring, making sure as you pull and ring evenly

Call Ledendary and see if they will be at a show near you. They usually give a 10% discount for the show and if you order them and can pick up at the show save the shipping too.

IF ANYONE NEEDS A 67 CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR SEAT COVER KIT I HAVE THE SET I BOUGHT FOR MY CAR, Bucket seat front and convertible seat rear for a 67 dart GT. Instructions included, still in the box from legendary.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Legendary has all you need door panels were correct and fit perfect.  They rebuillt the buckets look good as new, worst part of 67 buckets is the metal backs.  Just Dashes did mine at a very high price, but they are correct.  ( Photo taken just after instaling the buckets.)
Maynard

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to use 68 buckets and door panels. The previouse owner was making it into a GTS clone, so he already had the bucket frames and new seat foam.

Ordered everything this week from a Legendary dealer on Ebay. $650 for everything, shipped to my door. Hardest part is waiting the 4-6 weeks for Legendary to produce it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put legendary covers on my frames also, but I was able to remove the old covers and take pictures of what it looked like and kept a mental reference of how the hog rings attached to the covers and frames, it also helped that I kept the old covers untill I was finished installing the new ones.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are not going to believe what showed up at my door this afternoon!! My COMPLETE Legendary order!!!

It took 6 days!! And I saved hundreds of dolllars off of Legendary's list price. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will give out the dealers info.

I'm so stoked!! Scored the power bulge hood on Saturday, and then my interior parts showed up weeks ahead of schedule. Sounds like I need to get off the computer and start working on the dart!

·
Registered
137 Posts
cool don't forget to share with us the picks when you get it in.

today i just cut out the last piece of rust in my scamp it is now officially rust free.

K

·
0 Posts
man I have some hard back 67 seats, I purchased off of Jim a few years back.. Their just wasting away... :'(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts