Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yearone and laysons both list windshield gaskets for 66 and older A bodies, and for 68 and newer A bodies, but i cant seem to find one for my 67 Dart. Whats the difference between a 67 and a 68 dart windshield gasket ???

·
Registered
792 Posts
Laysons should have it. They list one for the cuda, dart is the same one if I'm not mistaken. Lockstrips are used on the 67 gasket, 68+ up use a "normal" gasket.

·
Registered
243 Posts
GON_RACIN said:
yearone and laysons both list windshield gaskets for 66 and older A bodies, and for 68 and newer A bodies, but i cant seem to find one for my 67 Dart. Whats the difference between a 67 and a 68 dart windshield gasket ???
I've had the same problem but I decided I dont need to replace it that bad. If you can't find a gasket, you can convert to 68+ gasket but you will want to get the stainless trim that goes around the windshielf. I was in the market for some a month or so ago and heard prices anywhere from 100 to 250 for a set.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Did you ever confirm if a '67 gasket was available from someone other than Layson's? I have to pull the rear window of my '67 to get started on the roll bar. My stainless trim is absolutely perfect. I would hate to half to discard it and buy '68 stuff because a '67 gasket wasn't available. If I have to some lucky guy here will get it.

What is a "lockstrip" style gasket?

Tom

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
do 67's actaully have the lockstrip on the rear window? my 67 has the 68 and newer style rear trim, it doesnt look like the window was ever out. im going to put the newer stuff on the windshield to match anyway, especially since i have it already.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i called yearone today to order a few things they informed me that i can use the 68 and up gasket on my 67, i just have to use the 68 and up trim to go with it, and i assume the corresponding clips aswell. I didnt ask about the rear glass but i would assume the same thing would apply.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes, one of the mopar mags did an article on that recently. You'll need to weld in the trim mounting studs for the 68+ trim if you don't have them.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
actually you can just drill holes for screws, but you have to locate them just right. on my 69 all of the clips are screwed in.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well that just sucks. I will pull the rear window out of the '67 soon. If the gasket is good (low miles car) I will reuse it. If not, look for my perfect trim in the for sale section. o[

I'll try not to bend it up too bad. ;D

Tom

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cu440da said:
Yes, one of the mopar mags did an article on that recently. You'll need to weld in the trim mounting studs for the 68+ trim if you don't have them.
wtf i didnt know any kind of welding was involved. Do you remember what mopar mag that was by chance so maybe i could pull up the article online? When i bought my 67 the chrome trim was already missing, but i can see the trim clips and they are screwed into place. I'm confused, i was thinking all i had to do was unscrew the old style clips and put in some different ones ???

·
Registered
792 Posts
Probably Mopar Muscle, I think it was a Steve Dulcich article. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'll try to dig up the article to make sure. For some reason I remember a stud welder involved in the story.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok that doesnt look so bad. I still wonder why i need to drill holes, my 67 already has screw holes for the clips that are already on it. I dont see why i cant just reuse the holes that are already there. Maybe it was already converted over the later style trim at some point in the past. Hell maybe my dart is really a 68 or 69 but has a 67 fender tag, grill, and tail lights ??? Anyways, i'll figure it out when i get around to actually pulling the windshield, this winter hopefully. Thanks for the mag link! tnku

1 - 14 of 14 Posts