Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

Doing the Front Disc Upgrade, what lower balls joints work with the 68' lower control arm?

I finally got the Dart's front end tore apart this weekend, and after reading everything I could hands on and thought I had everything covered. Bought 73' Valiant Spindles and Upper Control Arms, had the Bushings and Upper Ball joints replaced and thought everything was ready to install the new brakes. However, the lower ball joints I bought don't seem to seat all the way. The threads fit the opening just fine, but the rest of the Ball Joint shaft doesn't seem to fit. I believe the lower are from a 73' Valiant as well?

o----o<>

Thanks.....

I'll take a picture and post it. Not sure if I explained it properly, so a picture always helps.

doh

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here's how she sits with the spindle removed. It's almost as if the Stud is too big for the Lower Control Arm opening.

Sorry for the poor pictures.

G

·
The 73-up lower balljoints work fine, which happen to be the same lower BJ's in 62-up B and E bodies as well.

In the pic, I notice the balljoint is turned around backwards - are you sure the housing isn't hitting the lower arm? If the ones you have are A B or E lower BJ's, they should work fine - all the lower control arms from 62-76 are the same on A-bodies, and that tapered hole is the same for everything except C-body. Even the 73-up B-bodies, which have a different lower balljoint, still use the same tapered hole size.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

Yeah, I know I grabbed the wrong lower Ball Joint, but just wanted to show how it fit. I was concerned beccause the threaded joint doesn't fit flush against the lower CA. I wasn't sure it his was correct?

Thanks..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.