Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any owners with a 68 Dart GT please tell me or show me the emblem hole location on the decklid that says GT? anything like a high res close up shot, prefereably emblems removed and maybe some measurements of the holes, lay a ruler across there or something. I just ordered the emblems and want to get those holes drilled out, just one of the little things left to do before i can take it in for paint. ill attach a pic of the emblem im talking about. thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you can wait unti morning, I can get you some.

My deck lid is off the Dart, but it is a 68 GT. I will try to get some close ups with a ruler.

Good deal?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah my emblems havent even arrived yet, maybe tommorrow or monday. that would be fine and thanks a lot.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here ya go, I hope this helps.  I could not really get a good vertical measurement, but they are nearly dead center in the panel.  I would guess that not all of these were that close to each other from the factory... but anyway, this should give you a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Glad I could help. Are you doing a factory correct resto or?

I am making a lot of mods to my GT, but I am going to leave the majority of the badging. I did get rid of the side moldings as they just did not fit the overall appearance I want the car to have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah my car didnt have the side molding anymore either, and im not going to put it back on. im pretty much making a GTS car without the GTS emblems, im leaving it as a GT since thats what it is, not trying to pass it off as anything else. its getting a 400 stroker with factory dual quad intake, 4 speed, GTS hood (fiberglass) and bumble bee stripes, 383 emblems on the fenders. the car has a hood and trunk from a different car though, so the holes for the GT emblems werent there, nor the hood letters that spell out D O D G E but I already have a template for that from my friends hood. its also going to have a bench since the buckets are long gone and i got a good bench for $20 bucks, with the center armrest so when its down it looks like buckets from the outside. so its far from being GT correct but im still trying to make it look like it came this way from the factory, and it wont just be another GTS at the shows. im going to have the bench stiched in the GT/GTS pattern too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts