Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone (Gals and Guys),

Here's my restoration so far on the 68'

Drivers' Door Before

Drivers' Door After:

And after Primer and Fenders in for Body work

Hope to have the Fenders back this week, and on so she can go to paint. o----o<>

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks good keep up the good work. What color are you painting it?

gt

·
Registered
543 Posts
good job, mine was caved in on the back half of the door&quarter panel up to the wheel well, still trying to get it right/ with body lines and short cut body work that someone"helped" me with before. keep up the good work!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gt said:
Looks good keep up the good work. What color are you painting it?

gt
Thanks for all your encouragement and feedback. When she's done, I'm planning on Midnight Blue (Metallic), with Twin Rally Strips (Pure White) across the back Quarter Panels and Trunk Lid. Hopefully, I'll have the Fenders back today.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
azz7772 said:
nice job........ was your rocker pannel and quarter straight or did you have to tweek them at all?
I was lucky that the Rockers, and Quarter Panels were untouched ( tnku ). The one thing I did find was a 2" section on the Passenger Rocker that did rust through, so I've considered cutting out and replacing the entire Rocker, instead I think I'll try to tack in some fresh sheet metal first. I'll snap some pictures when I start that. Thanks again for all the great encouragement and support. You guys rock...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tacfire11 said:
You guys rock...
No, YOU rock. ;D It's looking great, and you're making a lot more progress than I am. It's awesome to see a good car saved instead of scrapped.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Wow thats a pretty rust free car I own a 68 GT and my bodies full of holes lol but it's got a solid frame and floors and no rust in the roof or around the windows so it should be a good project.

Looking good, good luck with er and keep us updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.