Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 68 Formula S on the rotisserrie & removed the undercoating to see rust & accident damage to rear frame rails, spring perches & torque boxes. I guess I could look for a donor car & weld in donor parts. Does anyone manufacture repops for these parts? Will any 67-69 A body work as a donor car? Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
where are you? i have the ass end of a 67 formula s, but i think all the 67 - 69 cuda stuff is similar

·
Registered
15 Posts
Auto rust technicians (autorust.com) sells rear torque boxes for A,B, and E bodies. There are not exactly like OEM but function is the same. I'm fairly certain rear subframe rails are the same for all A bodies. Only thing to watch for would be if there is a difference with respect to wheel base. cuda 108", dart 111", duster ? demon 108". I still think the difference for wheelbase is taken care of elsewhere in middle of floorpan, rockers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eldubb440 said:
where are you? i have the ass end of a 67 formula s, but i think all the 67 - 69 cuda stuff is similar
I'm in Reno, NV.  The car's on a rotisserie & we just removed the rear undercoating to find the car had been hit in the back.  The rear frame rails are "kinked" where they arch over the rear end & the spring perches are rusted through, as is one of the torque boxes.  Should I find a donor barracuda & cut out the rear rails for my car or just back halve the car & tub it???
I was hoping for an original & fast street car, but will have a ton if $$ in it to do it right.   Got the 451 Stroker (Eddy heads, 44o source, etc.) already built....
Any advice is appreciated.   THanks, Buzz    email is  [email protected]

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I do have some pics of some boxes that I made in the gallery. The fronts look like factory boxes but the rears are modified to work with replcated springs and frame connectors.

Cut a hole like the factory peices for spring hanger bolts. My springs have been moved.

You'll save about $200.

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
b569rr said:
I do have some pics of some boxes that I made in the gallery. The fronts look like factory boxes but the rears are modified to work with replcated springs and frame connectors.

Cut a hole like the factory peices for spring hanger bolts. My springs have been moved.

You'll save about $200.

Tom

nice welds tom i wish mine were that uniform

·
Registered
15 Posts
The guy at Texas Acres is named Ron. He is a pretty nice fellow from what I've been told. He is only open Tuesday- Friday. He does answer email though for quotes. Freight will be pretty bad unless you arrange a pick up. He is in Central Texas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BB_cuda said:
The guy at Texas Acres is named Ron. He is a pretty nice fellow from what I've been told. He is only open Tuesday- Friday. He does answer email though for quotes. Freight will be pretty bad unless you arrange a pick up. He is in Central Texas.
Your suggestiion saved me big bucks! I bought rear frame rails from him for $250 apiece. That's a log cheaper than buying a donor car. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That guy is great..I have bought a lot of parts off him.. Once I bought an inner fender from him.. I got it all packed up great but its the wrong part...I'm thinking its going to be a hassle.. He just asked me to take a pic of it.. then he sent me a new one.. Let me keep the old one. I gave it away.. It was a dart inner..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts