Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what size slick was allowed on the 68 superstock darts. I see alot of pictures but no sizes. There seems to be a few different sizes used. Joe

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've been trying to find this out too and my best guess is that they were useing 29" and 30" tall tires, 10.50 and 11" wide on anything from an 8" to 10" rim. Slicks for 16" rims were also about at that time, so I wouldn't be suprised if they were being tried as well. Again if anyone can say for sure I'd like to know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeh, I've just had a quick look through those rules and I think the 10.5 tire rule possibly has more to do with not giving certain body styles an advantage over another, rather than historical correctness. Or it might be that 10.50 was the widest tire you could get back then and that rule is there so the cars look "right"?

G

·
They was no limmit in fact heres the SS/AA of Southland Dodge, but the stockers has 9" limmit most run 30"tall with big blocks  with 538gears.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.