Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to know what size will fit my 69dart -- rear is stock 7.25 with 10' brakes-- paint/body work done-- so I cannot rol the lip Found a 15" 8.5 " wide by 3.5 back space wheel-- will this work without mods? I'm not going to hotrod- it (can guess by the 7.25) just would like to know limitations when scouting out wheels --thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
It might be a bit tight...On my 68 Dart, I rolled the lip and moved the springs in 7/8" with the offset spring perch kit. This places the outside edge of the springleafs even with the inside edge of the wheelwell, IOW, it gives the most room available without minitubbing.

My overall wheelwell width is 12". I gave myself 2" on either side for clerance and body roll issues which meant a 8" wheel, which is actually a 9" total width. I have 5" backspacing, and mounted BFG T/A Radials, 255-60/15. I have about 1" clearance on either side with the tires mounted. They do not rub.

I hope that this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks --it sounds like factory wheel house will need more off-set than 3.5"-- for a larger style wheel over 7" . I'll keep looking

[attachment deleted by admin]

K

·
0 Posts
guzzimike said:
It might be a bit tight...On my 68 Dart, I rolled the lip and moved the springs in 7/8" with the offset spring perch kit. This places the outside edge of the springleafs even with the inside edge of the wheelwell, IOW, it gives the most room available without minitubbing.

My overall wheelwell width is 12".  I gave myself 2" on either side for clerance and body roll issues which meant a 8" wheel, which is actually a 9" total width. I have 5" backspacing, and mounted BFG T/A Radials, 255-60/15. I have about 1" clearance on either side with the tires mounted. They do not rub.

I hope that this helps
Guzz,
Is it possible to get a photo?
Thanks Kevin440

1 - 4 of 4 Posts