Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me if there is any reassembly/reinstallation instructions available for the front and rear window regulators on my 69 dart 2 door? any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I doubt there's instructions out there. Window regs are all pretty much the same, just did a mustang and an impala. First get the window out, that's usually the hard part, after getting it back in without breaking it. Then you take off the 3 or 4 nuts/bolts holding in the crank part. And the the nuts/bolts that hold the slidder's in. Sometimes you only have to take the bottom bolts off the sliders and with the reg all the way down, just slide it all the way to the bottom and fish it throw the biggest hole in the door.

Funny, never had a problem with a mopar window reg other then the 80's plastic power window setup.

·
Registered
274 Posts
First thing that did on mine was to take the glass off of the cast frame. Two 1/4" bolts (7/16 heads) and that makes life a whole lot easier. One you get the whole thing working again, put the glass back on. I pulled mine off and installed them 1 year later and had no trouble getting them working. Mine had a broken roller, there are 3 that slide in the cast piece that attaches to the window. Also re-lube things with grease, mine was all dried up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GUYS, THANKS FOR THE INFO. IT WILL BE EVERY BIT OF TWO YEARS BEFORE I'M READY TO REINSTALL MY WINDOWS. I'M JUST TRYING TO GET ALL THE INFORMATION TOGETHER I CAN BEFORE THAT TIME.
THANKS AGAIN.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: 69 dart window regulator installationyy

This is a debockel. I completely disassembled my 69 Dart and when I got to the windows I actually said to my son "I'm never going to figure out how to put this back together". I actually bought another 69 Dart to use as a "blueprint" to re-assemble this one! Since then I sold the second one.
Good luck with your windows and we will re-address this topic in Feb. when I'm trying to figure out how to do mine. Take pictures........perhaps I'm not the only one who would buy a video on how the hell you do this!
Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts