Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
moog cat. shows k-7074 fits 68-72 and k-7076 fitting 73-76 which is a smaller seletor shaft

G

·
The 7076 is for 73-up power steering, which is the large sector. 7075 is the small sector manual, but the local parts stores don't carry that one. I know Springs n Things has it.

Both boxes were small sector through 72, except for E-bodies, which were the same until 74. After that, the power boxes got a large sector and all the manual boxes stayed small sector. Except I think for vans - if I remember correctly, van manual boxes were large sector - van manual boxes also had the factory "power to manual adapter" based on the comments in another post.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's for the info. I believe the box I have is out of a '69 dart. Can you tell me the diameters of the two sector shafrts? The pitman arm on the box has the downward facing taper and works with the late centerlink and spoll k-frame. It is old and needs replacing. It also seems to be clocked wrong. If i center the the box in the middle of its travel the piman arm is off to the right (left hand turn for car) by about 15 degrees. I know there is a master spline so it is not adjustable. anyone seen this before? I would like to have the linkage in the tight spot that is right in the middle like it is supposed to be. thanks again for your input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.