Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a book or web site that will help me with the repair and strengthening of the frame on this car. It has the typical rust but is in overall good condition.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Auto rust Technicians sells frame caps and torque boxes. Try and google them. How much damage do you have?

Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The damage isn't that bad. I would like to box the rails that are good and replace the bad sections. I would also like to add torque braces while I'm at it. I've looked around for instructions for this to no avail.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Duskybird said:
The damage isn't that bad. I would like to box the rails that are good and replace the bad sections. I would also like to add torque braces while I'm at it. I've looked around for instructions for this to no avail.
Thanks.
Go to Auto Rust Technicians website and look for what you need. We can walk you through the welding. Year One has nice floor pans. You can make your own torque boxes for chaeaper. I have a few pics of homemade boxes for an A body in the gallery of this site. Post some pics of your B body. Dart Vader has a convertible '69 also. It's B5 or B3 I can't remember.

Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tom, I printed out the drawing from the Auto Rust site. I'll get some pics up this weekend. I am currently getting as much of info and parts lined up so this doesn't become a 10 year project. So I'm doing all of my leg work and parts shopping ahead of time.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts